Make a post (public, friends locked, filtered...whatever you're comfortable with) to your LJ. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related ("I'd love a Snape/Hermione icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
If you wish for real-life things (not fics or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
Surf around your friends list (or friends friends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it.
You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call.
There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special
I wish these things FOR and On Behalf of all whom I know and even those whom I do not know. When your lives are better, mine is too:
1. Spiritual tranquility for all of my friends and their friends and friends of friends too.
2. Genuine appreciation and joy for each and every day received.
3. A sense of self gratification and joy in their own skills no matter how meager or large.
4. The gift of love and appreciation for themselves, to all whom I know and do not know.
5. Freedom from unnecessary drama, for all.
6. Delivery from the strain and stress of money worries for all.
7. The opportunity and inclination to give and receive love and kindness to and from others.
8. The serenity to accept with equanimity those things that cannot be changed.
9. The gift of meaning in your lives, wherever that may be found.
10. The bounty of Good Health in all the respects that are important.
11. The good fortune to receive, if not what you want, then to receive what you need.
12. Self confidence for all those who feel they lack it.
13. For those who find life a daily trial, the ability to find and recognize the light at the end of the tunnel.
OK, so I listed more than 10. So kick me. I might even add more.